Reaching

YAY! This is my newest mixed-media painting. It is quite large and measures about (24 x 36 ") It was a real "beast" of a project and took me quite a while to finish. Materials include: Acrylic paint on canvas, vintage paper, papyrus sheet, inks, acetate, and beeswax. (It is sealed in a thin layer of beeswax. The wax not only protects but adds to the texture and mood of the piece. The texture of the wax is difficult to capture in the photos.)


This piece was inspired by some of the amazing folk art I have seen recently. That and the fact that I am still playing with "the power of words" (see earlier post). Some of the messages in this piece are "I'm Reaching for the life within me..." and "You made the sound of pulling heaven down..." There are a few other seekrits too! Shhh... but those are left for you to find and interpret in your own way.

I am totally in-love with this piece. (Is it OK to say that about your own work??) And I plan on continuing the theme with some smaller sized pieces as well.

As always...Thanks for your input! :)


















Blog Archive