4th and broadway



I was downtown for the ArtWalk yesterday, the fun starts about 8, but I went down early to get in some urban landscape. Here's an 18 by 24 from the corner of 4th and Broadway. It was a fun to be out, plein air is always an adventure. The wildest thing that happened was some crazy guy came up and started to make incoherent conversation, then he took some brushes and started to paint on my painting. I usually don't mind, like I'll let kids paint on my painting if they want to because I know I can just scrape it off and fix it later. So whatever, this guy is writing 'loco' in bright green and saying paint this, paint that, but then he grabbed a big blob of cadmium yellow, pushed it on the canvas a little bit, and then wiped it all over his face and down his neck. He looked really scary. Then he wandered off and into a beef bowl restaurant. I hope he got some soap on his face! oil on canvas

Blog Archive