Grazie di Curtatone




Madonna con Bambino
In August of 2010, I had the distinct honor of winning the Maestro Gold Medal at the 39th Incontro Nazionale Madonnari in Grazie di Curtatone, Italy.  It is the highest honor you can achieve in the competition.  As part of the award, I was commissioned to create the 2011 festival poster.  This is something I have dreamt of since the first time I competed in the event back in 2002 when I won a Gold Medal in the Simplici category. (3 categories in all, simplici, qualificato, maestro.  Everyone begins in Simplici and you must win a gold medal to move to qualificato, and again to reach maestro status)

Unfortunately, I was not able to revisit Grazie to compete or see my poster hung around the beautiful city of Mantova...It was a happy occasion none the less because I gave birth to my own little bambino just days before.  So it was a wonderful time for me none the less.  And, I was fortunate enough to have friends to take a few pics of my poster and also bring me back a few ;)  

Next year is the events 40th anniversary and I can not wait to return to Mantova to be part of the worlds first street painting festival, new family in tow.  





2011 Festival Poster

Blog Archive