Street Painting Featured Artist

I will be this years Featured Artist at the Santa Barbara Street Painting Festival. This will be there 20th anniversary so it is a very special year. This was the first festival in the United States and one of the largest and most popular street painting events. This is my 5th year painting there and my first time as there featured artist. Very exciting. I have been asked to do an extra large painting in front of the Mission on the history of street painting in the Italian tradition. It is something that should be easy for someone who has been doing this for 8 years but really, I have been a little stumped. I want the image to include images of the Madonna and child, of course, but without making the image too religious. While the tradition has it's roots in religion, the evolution has taken it to something much more accessible to people regardless of there beliefs or backgrounds.