Street Painting of the Mountain Mist



This is a detail of the image i painted in Germany the last time I was there. It was for the international streetpainting festival in Geldern which is about an hour from Dusseldorf. It was my 2nd year participating as the only American artist. I won 1st place in the Meisterklasse which is the equivilant to the Maestri category in Italy. Geldern is a lovely little town with the nicest people. The best thing about Geldern is the ice cream. With the money I make in coin donations from streetpainting spectators I buy myself a little treat (Ok, by little I mean huge. But streetpainting is a lot of hard work in what can be pretty severe weather conditions). They have about 3 ice cream parlors in the small town square with the most outrageoulsy decadant creations you have ever seen. Beautifully sculpted into a frozen mountain of sweet, mouth watering delights, the ice cream is garnished with an avalanche of chocolate and fresh fruit garnish.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.