art walk



I got a call from Nathan, owner of the Hive gallery, on Wednesday night asking if I could put up a show my paintings for the LA artwalk, which was the next day... I said sure! He knows I have lots of paintings so I could fill any gallery space three times over! The word is that this space on Main is going to be a Hive gallery "annex" where he can feature one or two artists in a more 'conventional' gallery setting than the main Hive which is like a carnival/artwalk all of it's own. It was sweaty work yesterday because I had to put the lights up and hang all the paintings but it was worth it because the place and the paintings looked super. I got SO many compliments about my work. I never handed out so many cards, I gave out every one I had! And I met a woman with a gallery in Chinatown who is having a show TOMORROW that I now have a painting in. I dropped it off to her today. It was a good, power day. Here's a couple photos of the show and a video walk-thru before the crowds got there. I should have remember to take a video when the place WAS crowded! next time...

Blog Archive