Street Painting & Oil Painting residencies

It's been a busy few months and everything will culminate in the next few weeks. I recently spent time in Arizona where I was giving street painting workshops to Waggoner Elementary just outside of Pheonix, and also to some local High Schools. Now that I'm back home, I've been teaching collaboratively, via the Music Center, with 3 teachers at a Los Angeles High School to integrate the arts into their curriculum. It's been going really well and next meeting we'll be creating their street paintings on campus. Will post pics!







Also with the Orange County Performing Arts Center, I'm debuting a new oil painting class for elementary school children. It's a 12 week residency where the children will learn simple techniques of painting with oils while completing 3 paintings and have a mini gallery exhibition at their school. I'm really excited about this because it is one of the only oil painting classes offered to young students.


http://www.ocpac.org/artsteach/




Blog Archive