Tel-Art-Phone!



I'm going to be in an art show opening may 28th at 6pm at the Beacon Arts Building in Inglewood, CA. It's going to be an amazingly awesome show and I'm stoked to be a part of it! Click here for the press release. Tell a friend! Tel-Art-Phone!

Since the show is an elaborate visual game of telephone, each artist received an image, did their take on it, and then that image was given to another artist to repeat the process. The show is going to be hung in cascading chains from the original image and each artists subsequent interpretation. So cool! I was the first in a chain from a root image by Robert Williams and here is my interpretation. It's funny this piece. The artists had ten days to complete something to pass on and I painted in vane for about a week. I had something going but it was really sucking. It happens sometimes, not every seed takes root, so I wasn't too worried. On day eight of my deadline I was invited to paint at the word of mouth rave party and brought a previous failure to do some live painting. I was looking forward to the change of pace. I ended up doing an amazing piece from life that was perfect for the telartphone project, painted the clown and girl into the scene of real Fellini-ism the next morning and it is a perfect piece for the show. It clearly illustrates the differences to our approaches to painting! I stopped trying so hard and something beautiful suddenly happened. I'm still excited about that, I think it's a real lesson for an artist. At least once in a while instead of always being a control freak, let the freak control you! Here's a link to my previous blogpost about this painting.

Blog Archive