20 minute portraits



One thing I learned today is nothing is too big to fail! ahhahahah! Like my recent ebay auction. wtf? I think it was a great painting and a steal at $875 but not a single bid. The art world is capricious and I will never try to understand it. No less than Rembrandt died broke, patronless, studentless, and without a single commission. What are you gonna do?!?!
I went painting 20 minute live portraits today! That's what I did. I was at the Artillery magazine booth at the Patchwork art and craft fair at the Helms Bakery building. It was a sell-out event, which lifted my spirits! I brought seven canvases thinking that was way more than I'd need, and ended up selling every single one and could have sold more! here's a group shot, unfortunately not the best photos... each oil on canvas, 12 by 9

Blog Archive