Let's Paint TV, Venice Beach Edition




I went out with John 'Mr. Let's Paint TV' Kilduff to Venice Beach today for some street LPTV. Venice is renowned for it's laid back, endless summer, hippy vibe, but if you've ever visited you also know it has a rough side. Still that just makes it all the more real! It was quite an adventure, it felt even edgier than doing it in downtown LA, especially as the other local performing regulars sized John up and staked out their turf, but in the end everyone loved it! I think we were only out about an hour painting, and I spent 20 minutes of that taping John doing the show, so here's basically a 30 minute portait of Venice and Let's Paint TV! Also a shot of both easels and my painting more even more roughly laid in. I still like it! I'll be adding video of the event once John edits it and puts it on youtube. What a hoot! oil on canvas, 18 by 14.

Blog Archive