winter in Washington!



Wow what a crazy week it's been. Nothing went as planned, but I had a tremendous time in he storm of the Century! That was a lot of weather for someone born and raised and living in southern California. Wow! It was really an awesome experience. I have a bunch of posts lined up so I'll start with the first painting I did the day after my arrival on the 3rd. I'd met up with friend, artist, curator, great guy Trevor Young late night Wednesday and he gave me some "must see" museums and paintings, so Thursday was packed. First I went to the National Gallery and got reacquainted with some of my favorites there, and the east Wing with the "Small French Paintings" show was one incredible painting after another. Then I went to Dupont Circle I saw the Philips Collection which I'd missed the first time I went to DC. Amazing! Some of my favorite Daumiers, and four paintings by Dufy, who I'm a huge fan of, that I was told had been in storage for years! After all that painting I was dying for some plein air and since I had my mini backpack mobile studio with me I wandered around until I stumbled across the Bremaster's Castle and knew right away I wanted to paint it. I took a camera phone pic of the setup. acrylic on panel, 9 by 12 ...more posts later...

Blog Archive