8-bit mona lisa 2.0



I was asked by someone interested if I had any prints of the first 8-bit mona lisa I did or if there was another version because they loved the painting and wanted one of their own. There wasn't another version until today when I got done with a new one. I actually liked the concept of painting a new version on a number of levels so I took up the challenge. It's an entirely different painting in every way compared to the first one I did, but it's still the mona lisa. I painted it in oil nice and thick over a past work that didn't go anywhere which I thoroughly scraped and sanded so it has a nice dense surface. I used a very limited palette of pigments and it's just about the same size as the original, 36 by 24



Buy all kinds of 8-bit mona lisa products. I suggest a mousepad or coffe mug! ahahaha! www.cafepress.com/8bitmonalisa

Blog Archive