Breakfast at Tommys



Wasn't that a movie with Audry Hepburn? I got a last minute request, well actually I missed the invite on facebook but was reminded by my friend at an art show Saturday, to paint a cityscape for the I Still Heart LA show at Monkeyhouse Toys and gallery in Silverlake opening this Saturday June 15th from 5 to 9pm, 2874 Rowena Ave 90039. The work submitted all has to be no longer than 12 inches on a side so this is a 1 foot square canvas of Tommys in Eagle Rock... one of my favorite places to paint! I wanted to catch the June Gloom light but it took a couple days because the low clouds kept burning off earler and earlier. This morning I was painting at 5:45 and it was bright sunshine by 8:30! But I finished it and I think the color effect is there. Painting smaller is something I don't do often, it has its own challenges, especially when you don't have any small brushes... I've had good luck with paintings of Tommy's, I've sold every one I've done!

Blog Archive