Fun with Kuretake pens!

I was recently sent a bunch of fun pens by Kuretake, well-known for their awesome Zig pens. I had an afternoon to play and wanted to show you all my results! :)



Here are a few of my favorites of the lot:

The waterbrush. I take this with me everywhere! It has a reservoir you can fill with water and combined with watercolor media is perfect for journaling on the go.


A fabulous double sided metallic Painty marker. One side is silver and the other is gold. A great fine tip too!


Love the Woodcraft markers! A chunky tip with a nice opaque, slightly chalky paint that is easy to write over. Great for journaling!


This Real brush pen is fabulous! It leaves great brush strokes and is watersoluable for watercolor effects. LOVE.





The Scroll and Brush marker. I'm loving the double tip side.


The Painty FX! A great all around paint pen. Not quite as nice a tip as the Sharpie Poster paints for fine work but still a great pen to add to your arsenal. Slightly chalky and writes over well when dry.










Here are a few shots of my journal playing with these pens. The background is acrylic paint and all of the pen work is the Kuretake pens.




























Here I tried to do a complete page with only the pens. The background was done mostly with the Woodcraft markers and made for a nice background. The other pens wrote and stamped nicely over top.



















A big thank you to Kuretake for sending me these great goodies!!!







Here is their website if you want to check out their products: http://www.kuretake.co.uk/




Blog Archive