back at the Rialto


Today was a California Art Club sponsored 'paint-out' at the Rialto Theatre in South Pasadena, which I scouted out and painted last week. Boy was it nice out today! Unlike last week, the weather was perfect this morning. Bright crystal clear sunlight! I got out there at 8am and brought a bigger canvas this time, 36 by 18. I really enjoyed the sunnier day. The paint-out is in promotion of an upcoming movie about painting called Local Color which they are screening tonight. I watched the movie and it was good. I wish there had been more analogy between painting and life. Between the act of painting and the act of life; how one attacks their paintings and how one lives their life. Of course I wanted to see more painting!!

update: a local blogger was out taking photos yesterday and I ended up in her blog! It's a fun picture of me painting... check it out here: Glimpses of South Pasadena

Blog Archive