War and Peace in Bakersfield



I had a great time at the Bakersfield Via Arte Street Painting Festival! Not only did I have the chance to see all my street painting friends, but I had a really good time painting. I chose to reproduce a stunning painting called "War and Peace" by Italian artist Pompeo Batoni. Last year while painting at the Via Colori street painting festival, a sudden thunder storm hit and washed us out. I took the afternoon to visit the Museum of Fine Arts with a friend. They had an exhibit on the works of Batoni...some of the most beautiful paintings I've ever seen. War and Peace was one of them. Stunning!

Remco helped by filling in the velvety black background while I worked on the figures. Had lots of great compliments on the piece and we really enjoyed it.

Happy Birthday Via Arte!

Blog Archive