chinatown


Today was a California Art Club paint-out in Chinatown. What a perfect day for it! A big crowd of painters showed up! John "Mr. Lets Paint TV" Kilduff was there throwing down the plein air (here's his piece) and I saw lots of other familiar faces which was nice! There was a reception afterwards and one of the Chinatown landlords really liked my piece, enough to buy it right there! that was awesome!! I'm glad Kilduff brought his camera so I could get a picture since I forgot mine. He loved the painting and it turns out I painted all three of the buildings he owns so he really wanted to have it. I got to see his office which was full of amazing art, he had paintings of Chinatown all the way from the 1920's! I'm honored to be in his collection. oil on canvas, 28 by 22

Blog Archive