randon things

A few different things fun to post about. First, I'm going to be painting some portraits today at the Gallery at the End of the World in Altadena. From 2pm to 6pm or so. The address is 2485 N. Lake Ave 91001. Here's how those came out, I painted Grace and Noah... Kids are always a moving target when you paint them live, but it's part of the challenge. oil on canvas, 14 by 10 and 12 by 9.


A couple days ago I was flipping through Southwest Art Magazine, and noticed they used my entry to the California Art Club Gold Medal Show at the Pasadena Museum of California Art to promote the show... a half page reproduction right there in the table of contents. What's that they say, all publicity is good publicity? I was surprised and excited to see that!

Yesterday I had some fun going to the Firing Line in Burbank and doing some target shooting. I haven't done it in a while, but I got back to it pretty quickly. Maybe it's all the drawing I do that makes my eyes sharp, it just seems target shooting is pretty easy... here are 30 rounds from 15 feet, 25 feet, and 50 feet away with a glock 19.

Blog Archive