digital landscape


Here's another composition I worked out for the Digital Landscape painting class I'm co-teaching at the Art Center College of Design. This is from a bunch of photos I took at an outing at Pasadena Central Park (previous post). If you live in the area you might recognize the Castle Green, all the other 'buildings' are pictures I took of the miniature towns they have set up inside Stats across the street... a few of the landscape elements are from pictures I took at Descanso Gardens and then the lightning bolt is from the internet. The idea is to create a more fantastic image than actually exists, direct the lighting and set a mood... this time I went for spooky! Also, since my last digital landscape was horizontal in format (previous post), I wanted to make this one a vertical to change things up.

Blog Archive