blog jam




I have been having a "blog jam" for a few days because I lost my camera at the Hive during the Artwalk last Thursday. I got a new cheapo camera but I'm not sure I like it yet. anyway... So I have a few paintings to post up! At the artwalk I painted two quick portraits and then I had a big non-sense painting that I worked on intermittently. At some point a girl with a parrot showed up and posed for me, so proud of his awesome feathers! This painting is 40 by 30. Then the next day was Painting the Town! where I made another nonsense piece over a crappy found painting. It's imagery is found in my environment, from my imagination, and from a few text message painting requests from friends on Facebook. This one is 48 by 36. Then Saturday I was live painting at the Roxy Theatre upstairs in the "on the rox" room. I tried to start this painting like falling down a flight of stairs and then let it slowly materialize... people got excited when they would recognize themselves or a friend in the painting. And I also found out that no matter how crappy a job you make of it, girls love to be painted! lol! this one is 24 by 48 and they are all oil on canvas.

Blog Archive