the alex schaefer hour


Today's show was mostly about East Jesus. I painted one of the people I met there onto the canvas of Salvation Mountain and I think the painting is massively improved! Click here to listen to the show, I had fun managing to prattle on the entire hour, got some good painting done and the audio is not too bad! The first 40 seconds of the show I had no idea it was going so it's silence, but don't worry your computer's fine, I get a clue about 45 seconds in... at 16 minutes I start to do something on the canvas, and the last 20 minutes of the show I start getting into it. I painted very cool skin tones on the girl, too cool that she felt almost blue, I wanted it that way but I also wanted to make her look warmer so I painted a more blue sky and that solved that. There's always more than one way to solve a problem.

Blog Archive