East Jesus






Nathan, founder of the Hive and avid camper, was the spearhead for an overnight camp-out in East Jesus, which has to be the one of the most amazing places on earth. An artistic self-sustaining oasis in the desert, basecamp liberty. There was food, solar power, live music. I did a couple drawings of the band playing in the music area, my favorite was a group called Orphan in the Afterlife The next morning I went and made a painting of Salvation Mountain, an epic monument to faith and perseverance. Not bad, but my piece definitely needs another coat of paint, that means I gotta go back soon! I was there for 28 hours total, but it seemed longer in a good way, probably because there were so many amazing experiences in so little time. East Jesus proves time doesn't always fly when you're having fun!

Blog Archive