motel plein air


I'm in a group art show in DC opening Feb 6th. I'm showing a blast from the past,a motel room interior that I painted in 1997! In fact it might be the first or second one I did in the series, and was still one of the "plein air" motel interiors. I later started painting them in the studio from drawing studies made on location. It's so funny how I got into this show. First off it's titled "Empty Time: the lovely banality" and it's at the Fridge gallery curated by talented artist Trevor Young We met recently through Let's Paint TV, the best creativity show on the web! But the funny thing was that Trevor had met my painting years before either of us had even heard of LPTV. Stumbled across it on the internet, liked it, printed it out, hung it on their studio wall as I'm sure most artists you know are prone to do. Then all this time later through mutual friend and genius John Kilduff we have e-met and we'll get to really meet at the opening! fun times. It's either a bunch of cool coincidences or the spirit of painting moving in mysterious ways to bring us all together. And fitting the theme of the show, here is the painting Griffith Park Motel, oil on canvas, 35 by 27

Blog Archive