"For Rent - no fee"

--------------------------------- sold
--------------------------------- 16"x20"
-------------------------------- oil on linen

One of my friends happen to get rich and decided to buy a multi-million dollar apartment in Manhattan. I was always curious about how some of the apartment looked on the inside, so I decided to tag along with him for some of the showings.

We saw a verity of places, some recently remodeled and looking gorgeous, as well as old that needed much work. As we went from one showing to another, the interiors started to inspire me. The high ceiling, large windows, views, fireplaces, moldings, open spaces all quietly waiting for the new owners. I decided to experiment with this new subject. I took a lots of photos and notes, and made a few sketches.

Currently entertaining the idea of possibly renting a space for a week, so I have more time to find the perfect light and composition that would create a more intriguing atmosphere.

CLICK HERE for a purchase info.

Blog Archive