teaching


I gave a lecture and demo to the San Gabriel Fine Art Association tonight. I think I got referred to them by the San Fernando Valley Art Club where I recently gave a similar talk. It was pouring rain and there was a low turnout, but for the people who showed up I think they really enjoyed watching and learning. I didn't get a great photo of the portrait demo, but here's how it came out. The club held a raffle and I drew a winning ticket out of a hat, who then sat for the portrait and got to take it home as their prize! oil on canvas, 16 by 12

p.s. I'm in a show this Saturday Jan 23rd from 6 to 10 p.m. at La Galeria Gitana in San Fernando. It's called Urban Spaces: the San Fernando Valley and since I have some nice plein air paintings of 'the Valley', I'm a good fit for this show. Click here for gallery info

Blog Archive