Soul Journaling: Day 20

Yesterday’s homework was to make a color photocopy of at least 3 journal pages at your local office supply store. I am lucky enough to have a great laser copier/printer so I have made a bunch of copies.




I frequently make copies of all kinds of things. Artwork, cool fabrics, patterns, etc. I save them and reuse them in other pieces and I also use them for testing out new ideas. For instance, my "houses page" has a blue sky but maybe I thought about changing it to purple or green but I was afraid to do so and ruin the look I already like. I will then make multiple copies of that page and paint right over the image. Make one purple, one green, and so on to see if I really do want to alter the original. This is a great way to test out all kinds of ideas and not fear ruining the great things you already have happening.

Here is my blue original with my painted green and purple photocopies.



********************************************************
Today's Prompt: Photocopies!


Using photocopies we are going to reuse some of our favorite journal images to make a new page. Working on the next blank two page spread in our journal cut, tear and paste your copies into your journal. This is a great way to take advantage of all those “sweet spots” or “favorite spots” you may have going on in a page. Add additional journaling, paint, or anything else you wish to these pages. Think about all of the possibles for new projects incorporating photocopies of journaled work. Have fun!



Here I am playing with the layout of some of my images, I can't wait to add some new color around these.


Finished pictures will be posted tomorrow...

***********************************************************************
Journal Collaged Bookmark swap!


This is totally optional but since we are almost at the end of this Soul journaling journey I though it would be fun to do a bookmark swap with collaged images from your journal. That way everyone would have something to tuck into their journals and remember their fellow Soul Journalers by. To participate mail me one book mark (any size) using collaged photocopied images of your Soul journal (in my hands) by Sept. 1 and I will swap them out and mail one back to you. Please send a self addressed stamped envelope along with your bookmark.





Please email me for my address. sarah@caspiana.com


************************************************************************


I'm a bit behind today...we had a wonderful engagement celebration with family and friends last night that kept me up late. So I will post examples of my collaged page and bookmark tomorrow. :)

Blog Archive