Soul Journaling: Day 21

Hi everyone. :)

Here is my Photocopy page from yesterday:




And here is my photocopy book mark all ready to go. I collaged the photocopies onto watercolor paper and inked the edges with ColorBox Chalk. I decided to do both sides of my bookmark (optional) and then wrote my name on a small tag on one of the ribbons. (If you are participating in this swap please make sure to sign your bookmark somewhere.)








Boy my book is getting full! I love it!

It get's harder and harder to close each day now... ;)
*******************************************************************
Today's Prompt: Misfit Creatures and Sad Super Heros. Have you ever wished you had super powers? Do you ever feel like a misfit? I know I have had many moments like these, especially in the "real" world when I show people my art who just don't "get" it. It's in those moments I feel like a real weirdo with two heads. :P
Here are a few of my past "misfit" paintings: (click for detail)

Today we are going to do a two page spread about a time we felt like a misfit.
Let's work in the next two page blank spread of your journal:
-First make sure your pages are prepped with a dry brush of Gesso if you are not working in a watercolor book.
-Then I want you to draw your misfit character in your journal. Here's how I make mine:
Using a fine tip permanent pen I begin by doodling a random shape. I try not to think about what I am doing and just let my lines be free to cross and go where they may. If i don't like it I can always Gesso over it.

Then I spend some time looking at my lines, kinda like finding shapes in clouds. :)
When I see a character coming through the lines I start to go over them and darken the ones I like.

I'm starting to see a catlike creature with this one. I never know what I am gonna get and the surprise is always so fun. I continue by adding washes of paint to further develop my characters shape and drawing in new features I'd like him to have (like his teeth and feet).
My misfit ended up with a unicorn horn looking thing and instead of painting over that I think I am going to keep it and add lines to it to define it even further.

Keep adding washes of paint, lines and details to your misfit. Think about his or her personality as you do this.
Don't worry about extra lines or drawing a perfect picture. This process should be as enjoyable as finding shapes in clouds.
After you are done with your misfit creature continue developing your spread by journaling about a time you felt like a misfit or super powers you wished you had.
I'll share my misfit page with you all tomorrow. :)
*HUGS*

Blog Archive