Chubby Cherubs Street Painting

What a great weekend in London, Canada. It started with a collaboration between myself and a wonderful London artist named Axl. We were asked to do a small promotional street painting for Expressions in Chalk Street Painting Festival on the 'A Channel' morning show. Side by side, Axl did a tropical mermaid and I did a woodland fairy.




The festival started Saturday morning after a night of thunder and lightning. The day was beautiful and the artists were hard at work creating lovely imagery on London's Talbot Street in front of Covent Garden Market. This was the first year the festival was actually held on the street. Years prior it had taken place in the St. Peter's Church parking lot. Talbot street was a wonderful change. We had great crowds for the festivals third year and everyone really enjoyed the event.

My third year as a featured artist with the event was better than ever. I designed an image titled "The Golden Messengers" with 5 chubby cherubs rising up out of the street. This is a somewhat faux 3D street painting. I did not want to distort the cherubs too much so that viewers from all sides of my tent could enjoy them. I think it's one of my favorites of the last year and I had a lot of fun creating it.

I'd like to give a special thanks to everyone involved with the festival for treating me so well each year. The Imadon Group, Jan, Kathy, Chris, Brad, Sheryl, and Niki...I appreciate your warm welcome!

Blog Archive