Soul journaling: Day 18

A warm welcome to everyone who is just joining us! Please start at Day 1 and work at your own pace. Don't feel the need to rush to catch-up, just allow yourself to enjoy the process. :)

I also want to thank everyone for your kind emails and comments! I have not been able to respond to all of them but I want you to know that I do read and appreciate every single one. *HUGS TO YOU ALL* What amazing company I am keeping. I am honored to call you all my friends. :)

Some of you already know that Jared and my 10 year (non-wedding) anniversary is coming up Aug. 3rd. To celebrate Jared is whisking me off to NYC to soak up all the art and fun we can! I am over the moon excited but I do hate to leave you all. Today will be the last prompt I give you until I return on Aug. 7. I hope that you all continue working in your journals and we can have a "show and tell" when I return as I am also planning on taking my journal with me. :)

****************************************************************************
Today's prompt-
Collage potpourri!

Page 5 and 6
Mix up this list!

-Write the Alphabet quick and Angry (use a permanent ink pen)
-Cut out a silhouette of a person’s face, ink or paint over (magazine stencil technique)
-Add a wash of paint in a new color
-Use something unusual as a stamp (like a piece of corrugated cardboard or a sliced green pepper)
-List everything you did today so far. (Include little things like: brushed my teeth and let the dog out)
-Gesso out a section of your work, don’t think about it…just do it. Add something new over it.
-Add something metal
-Add a drybrush of paint in a new color

Continue playing with these pages. Be messy and have fun. The cool thing about this is you could do this same basic list over and over again and get totally different results each time.
**********************************************************
I will show you my results from today's and yesterdays prompts when I return.

Homework: Assignment#1: Write somewhere in your journal about your experiences with Soul Journaling so far. What were your favorite and least favorite prompts? What exercises would you like to do again? What surprises have you encountered? Has this process changed anything for you in your life or in your art making? Has our "Fellow Soul journalers" community influenced the journaling process for you? How?

I would suggest not covering these pages up but instead using them as a reference of your experiences. Though, if something comes up that needs to be covered please feel free to do so. :)

Assignment#2: Go back and work on your "Taped page". No rules. We will have a show and tell when I get back!

************************************************************

I love you all and hope that when I return on the 7th you are all still here and ready to begin the prompts again with me! XOX See you soon. Sarah

Blog Archive