I just realized...

...the blogging new artwork moratorium is OVER! The show at Charlie James Gallery is hung and still secret and as such you much come out TOMORROW at 6pm to 9pm on Chung King Road in Chinatown, Los Angeles and check out all the new work and say Hi!! It's going to be a great night in Chinatown, because I know for certain that Mat Gleason's Coagula Curatorial gallery is opening it's first show just a few doors down so there's going to be a double big crowd! Anyway back to the point now I can post new artworks in progress in my studio again! woohoo! This is a big 4 by 7 foot F the 80's Olympics themed piece I started with the intention of finishing for the show but I found another image that worked better with the other three paintings and was same size 48 by 36 so I focused on that (you can see all FOUR on Saturday, btw). But I like this piece nonetheless and will keep putting more paint on in this direction. Like all all the paintings I've been doing from youtube video reference, this is a digitally arranged compostion pieced together from multiple frames of the clip. It's fun because I get to make something more exciting than the actual video, but still with that feeling of instantaneous authenticity. acrylic on canvas, 48 by 84 inches

Blog Archive