Soul journaling: Day 8

I'm kinda sleepy today...How about you guys? *YAWN* Alright let me grab my journal.

**********************************************************

I forgot to tell you yesterday that you will need sandpaper today. My bad. Hopefully everyone has some out in the garage somewhere. First thing we're going to do today is go to our taped page and sand the tape. The metal tape will be able to take the most abuse. Make sure you go in all directions.





Wipe off any dust.



The sanding will help paint stick to our tape and just to be extra sure we are going to be doing a light priming with Gesso. (man I love this stuff! hehe)






I paint it on with a dry brush right out of the container and IMMEDIATELY wipe it off.




I don't know if everyone knows but they make a black Gesso too. Here I have done the left side with the black Gesso and the right with white. Notice how the different tapes react to different colors. I am especially fond of the metal tape with black and electrical with white.



I am going to add some green. I am mixing right on top of my page. You can use any colors you like. :)




Wipe off.







Sand a bit more to take off some of the paint and to shine up the foil again.

I added a bit of brown to age the green and tada! a really awesome textural background to work with. No one will ever guess that this page holds secrets too!






I LOVE the texture here...


Look at the strings in the white duct tape. Lovely lines.







Don't be afraid to use unusual objects and everyday items in your journals. You don't need to have an arsenal of products. Use what you have. More beauty (in my opinion) comes from using things that are unexpected and not made to be used in art. After all, anyone can make a pretty picture using pre-made items bought at a scrapbook store. Challenge yourself to think outside the box.


Pick a flower today and press it somewhere in your book! :)




See you tomorrow!







Blog Archive