Soul Journaling: Day 9

I want to go back to my “squares” page today. (I know some of you have already added to yours and that's great!)

The reason I am working back and forth is that nothing I ever do in this journal will ever really be what you may consider “Finished”. I want it to be constantly growing and changing. As new insights and ideas are awakened in me I want to be able to go back into my journal and add to it. Give yourself permission to take on another page or another 10 pages all at the same time.

First, I’m going to add a light color on top of my dark brown. I’m going to mix colors so that I can get the exact shade I’m looking for. Choose any light color or combination of colors that you like.



Add a little water to your paint and dab off with a paper towel the same way that we did the dark paint. I am leaving a bit more paint around some of my squares. Don’t worry if a little paint gets onto your pictures but if it gets too gloppy you may want to have a baby wipe or damp paper towel handy to quickly wipe it off.






Allow this to dry or speed the process with your heat gun.









Now grab a pen or marker and:
Write 8 words describing your pictures.
Circle one picture
Draw a messy square around four
Draw a dotted line around two
Draw a broken “stitch” line around one

























I want you to continue working on these two pages today until you are satisfied.

Just curious…how many of you found and chose to put the word “ART” together? ;)

See you tomorrow!
Homework: Don't go out of your way... but if you happen to be at the supermarket save a large brown paper grocery bag for tomorrow! ;)


This is pretty funny and I love Ebay!

Blog Archive